Santorini through its churches
- Visit at Perissa beach one of the oldest christian churces worldwide, the Basilica St. Irene
- Medidate at The "heart" of Santorini the remote and peacefull church of Saint Nikolas
- Visit of Panagia Episkopi builded by Emperor Alexios Komninos of Byzance the 11th century
- Admire "Panagia Glykofiloussa" one of the most important Byzantine icons
- Breathless panoramic view of the island from The monastery of Profitis Ilias
- Breathless panoramic view of Fira from the Catholic church of St John the Baptist
- Walk in Oia and the famous blue dome churches.
- Exciting meeting with the artist Dimitris Koliousis one of the most talented and known Modern Greek byzantine Icon painters at his workshop
- Driver/Guide in English, French, Russian and Greek
- Pick up from your Hotel
- Refresments, soft drinks
- Professional Guide
- Alcoholic drinks
- Please indicate us your hotel/pick up place and time
- Duration 5-6 hours
- Moderate walking
- TV screens (2)
- Apple TV
- Nespresso Coffee machine
- Mini Bar
- Mercedes S class seats with all regulations included heat and massage
- Wine glasses
- Whisky/water glasses
- Champagne glasses
- coffee and tee mugs
- Make up Mirrors (2)
- Coat Hanger
- 12 V plug
- 220 V plug
- USB plug
- DVD/CD/Radio player
- Interphone with driver
- Data base with all kind of musical video clips and movies
We will start our tour from the magnificent beach of Perissa. There are the remnants of the ancient Early Christian church of Saint Irene; its contracted form is the present name of the island, Santorini. We will continue to the Holy Monastery of Prophet Elias, at an altitude of 567 meters, the highest of the island, built in 1711 by the holy monks Brothers Gabriel and Joachim Belonia. You will have a breathless panoramic view of the island.
Impressively built on the edge of the caldera is Agios Nikolaos at Megalohori our next stop. Remote and peaceful, this place will make you plunge into your deeper in and meditate.
We will continue to Panagia Episkopi close to Kamari, the previous middle-Byzantine cathedral of the Greek Cycladean island of Santorini. According to a traditional, now almost completely destroyed inscription, the church building was commissioned by the Byzantine Emperor Alexios I Komnenos at the end of the 11th century, and took the place of a previous three-aisled early Byzantine basilica. Various icon stands are lined up along the walls of the inner room. The best known and most valuable icon in the church is that of the Panagia Glykofilousa (Παναγιά Γλυκοφιλούσα – "sweetly kissing Madonna"), dated to the 12th century.
From the culminant point of the capital Fira, the Nomikos conference center, you will have a breathless walk to the catholic church of Saint John the Baptist.
We will end our tour in Oia and the famous blue domes.
Last but not least we will have an exciting meeting with the artist Dimitris Koliousis one of the most talented and known Modern Greek byzantine Icon painters at his workshop.
Dimitris Kolioussis, has painted the most important church of Santorini, Panagia Episkopi, exhibits his works and creates his unique hagiographies (byzantine icons) in a very atmospheric space. He paints emotionally evocative figures of saints on old pieces of wood that he processes for weeks.
Shopping: Exquisite hagiographies (icons) with unique style and beautiful colors signed by this very important artist. You can order the theme you want your painting to have.