Ottoman monuments and City Tour
- Visit the Ottoman monuments of Athens
- Explore the museum of Islamic art of Athens
- Pass by the most improtant monuments of Athens
- Driver/Guide in English, French, Russian and Greek
- Pick up from your Hotel
- Refresments, soft drinks
- Entrance tickets where applied
- Professional Guide to Museum of Islamic Art
- Alcoholic drinks
- Please indicate us your hotel/pick up place and time
- Duration 4-6 hours
- Museum of Islamic art opening days: Thursday to Sunday from 10am-6pm
- We recommend to start the tour at 9am
- TV screens (2)
- Apple TV
- Nespresso Coffee machine
- Mini Bar
- Mercedes S class seats with all regulations included heat and massage
- Wine glasses
- Whisky/water glasses
- Champagne glasses
- coffee and tee mugs
- Make up Mirrors (2)
- Coat Hanger
- 12 V plug
- 220 V plug
- USB plug
- DVD/CD/Radio player
- Interphone with driver
- Data base with all kind of musical video clips and movies
You will be transferred with our luxurious Van to the oldest quarter of Athens. Plaka is characterized by monuments of all time showing that here beats the heart of the city from ancient times to today: Many small Byzantine churches, a mosque, a hamam and the first university of Greece, the Roman Forum, the ancient agora, all in the shadow of the Acropolis, constitute the cultural mosaic of the district.
After the Greek war for independence gradually most of the monuments from the ottoman rule of Greece were vanished. They were demolished on purpose or desolated by the time and neglect.
We will visit the very few monuments which have survived and are difficult to be spotted and recognized by visitors: Kadis house, the ruins of Küçuk mosque, Fethiye Mosque, Tsisderakis mosque, Madrasa islamic school and the Hamam of Abid Efendi.
We will end with a guided visit of the Islamic art museum of Athens.
Acropolis is an UNESCO’S world heritage monument. You will visit the Propylae, the monumental entrance to the Acropolis which blends Doric and Ionic building principles, and the small temple Athena Nike, which stands on a protruding mass of rock, protecting the gate to the citade and of course the Parthenon, and Erechtheion with its porch of Maidens.
The half day Jewish tour ends with a panoramic drive around center of Athens before the drop off at the door of you hotel in Athens.