Jewish heritage and City Tour
- Visit the old and the new Synagogue of Athens
- Explore the Jewish museum of Athens
- Pass by the most improtant monuments of Athens
- Driver/Guide in English, French, Russian and Greek
- Pick up from your Hotel
- Refresments, soft drinks
- Entrance tickets where applied
- Professional Guide to Jewish Museum
- Alcoholic drinks
- Please indicate us your hotel/pick up place and time
- Duration 4-6 hours
- Opening days of the Jewish museum: Monday to friday from 9am to 2:30pm
- We recommend to start the tour at 9am
- TV screens (2)
- Apple TV
- Nespresso Coffee machine
- Mini Bar
- Mercedes S class seats with all regulations included heat and massage
- Wine glasses
- Whisky/water glasses
- Champagne glasses
- coffee and tee mugs
- Make up Mirrors (2)
- Coat Hanger
- 12 V plug
- 220 V plug
- USB plug
- DVD/CD/Radio player
- Interphone with driver
- Data base with all kind of musical video clips and movies
Experience Athens’s Jewish culture on a fascinating 6-hour private specifically designed for those who are interested in both the history of the Jewish community of Greece and the must-see sites of ancient and modern Athens.
You will be picked up in the morning by our luxury vehicle and our professional guide in order to see the old Synagogue of Athens, Etz Hayyim, which was built in 1904 and is used today only during the High Holidays. Right across the street is the newer and larger Beth Shalom Sephardic synagogue, built in 1935, renovated in the 70’s, and the one fully used today. Its exterior is in white marble with neoclassical elements, while the spacious interior bears not much resemblance to the Greek tradition regarding synagogue design.
We will continue with a visit to the Jewish museum. This museum was founded in 1977 in order to collect and exhibit the material evidence of 2300 years of Jewish life in Greece. The collection contains more than ten thousand artefacts (some of which are unique) pertaining to the domestic and religious life, as well as the history of the Greek Jews. The Jewish museum is under the slopes of the Acropolis, so you will have the opportunity to have a nice walk to Acropolis hill, where will be the next stop of this tour.
Acropolis is an UNESCO’S world heritage monument. You will visit the Propylae, the monumental entrance to the Acropolis which blends Doric and Ionic building principles, and the small temple Athena Nike, which stands on a protruding mass of rock, protecting the gate to the citade and of course the Parthenon, and Erechtheion with its porch of Maidens.
The half day Jewish tour ends with a panoramic drive around center of Athens before the drop off at the door of you hotel in Athens.